Wow Worship Musical Service
Peter and Ellen Allard have one consistent motive – to use music to infuse a love of Judaism “into the bones” of those who participate in their Wow Worship service, whether they are students in your Religious School Tefillah service or congregants, young and old, who attend your Shabbat services.
Peter and Ellen have crafted a contemporary total sensory musical “Wow Worship” service that is innovative, inventive, and dynamic while still paying homage to an ancient framework of Jewish ritual and worship. In close consultation with participating clergy, Peter and Ellen will custom-design a Wow Worship service with a congregation’s specific needs and goals in mind.
During Peter and Ellen’s Wow Worship service, you can expect that:
- Your youth and adult choirs will be included. For congregations that don’t have choirs, Peter and Ellen will work with a choir assembled specifically for their visit.
- Congregational Tefillah Bands (adult or youth bands) can be included in the service.
- All support materials (audio files, sheet music, cue sheets, instructional videos) will be provided to enable you to take fullest advantage of their visit, and to allow you to have the broadest reach into your community.
- Clergy will be invited to participate in the service.
- Each rubric of the service is carefully considered and choreographed, from the opening strains of the wordless niggun that quietly transitions from the ordinary to the holy, to the final rousing Hinei Ma Tov.
Music is the key component of Wow Worship.
Blending familiar and new melodies, Peter and Ellen invite everyone present to be fully engaged in the sounds, the movements, and the emotions that Wow Worship evokes.
Wow Worship is designed to provide an authentic, visceral experience for all who come together as a community to celebrate, whether Peter & Ellen are leading your weekly Shabbat service or Religious School Tefillah. With singing, laughter, dance, with memories of those who came before and moments of silence, with praises sung to God and blessings offered one to the other, Wow Worship instills a love, appreciation and understanding of Judaism into the hearts, minds, and souls of all those assembled.
Over the many years of working with families and children in worship settings, Peter and Ellen’s compositions have become THE most widely used family-friendly songs sung in synagogues across North America today. Educators, composers, and award-winning recording artists, they are recognized as innovative leaders in contemporary Jewish worship. They have shared the bima with cantors and rabbis across North America, including Debbie Friedman z”l, Craig Taubman, Rabbi Lev Ba’esh, Cantor Ellen Dreskin, Dan Nichols, Merri Lovinger Arians, Josh Nelson, Rabbi Danny Freelander, Cantor Jeff Klepper, Rabbi Ken Chassen, Cantor Rosalie Boxt, Shira Kline, and Rabbi Noam Katz, among many others.
Contact Peter and Ellen to discuss how they can customize a Wow Worship service to take place in your congregation on Erev Shabbat, Shabbat morning, or during Religious School Tefillah.